Titles Of Christ
Click ⬆️ to start the slideshow.
In the Old Testament
- Seed of the woman. Gen. 3:15.
- Mine Angel. Ex. 23:23.
- A Star out of Jacob. Num. 24:17.
- A Prophet. Deut. 18:15, 18.
- Captain of the host of the Lord. Joshua 5:14.
- A Friend that sticketh closer than a brother. Prov. 18:24.
- My Beloved. Song of Solomon 2:10.
- Chiefest among ten thousand. Song of Solomon 5:10.
- (One) altogether lovely. Song of Solomon 5:16.
- The Mighty God. Isa. 9:6.
- The Everlasting Father. Isa. 9:6.
- The Prince of Peace. Isa. 9:6.
- The Lord Our Righteousness. Jer. 23:5, 6.
- The Son of God. Dan. 3:25.
- The Son of Man. Dan. 7:13.
- Michael, … the Great Prince. Dan. 12:1.
- The Branch. Zech. 6:12, 13.
- The Messenger of the covenant. Mal. 3:1.
- The Sun of Righteousness. Mal. 4:2.
In the New Testament
- The Word. John 1:1.
- The Lamb of God. John 1:29.
- The Bread of life. John 6:35.
- The Light of the world. John 8:12.
- The Door of the Sheep. John 10:7.
- The Good Shepherd. Verse 11.
- The Resurrection and the Life. John 11:25.
- The Way, the Truth, and the Life. John 14:6.
- The True Vine. John 15:1.
- That Rock. 1 Cor. 10:4.
- The last Adam. 1 Cor. 15:45.
- The Chief Corner-stone. Eph. 2:20.
- The Man Christ Jesus. 1 Tim. 2:5.
- A Great High Priest. Heb. 4:14.
- The Author and Finisher of our faith. Heb. 12:2.
- The Chief Shepherd. 1 Peter 5:4.
- An Advocate. 1 John 2:1.
- Michael, the Archangel. Jude 9.
- The Lion of the tribe of Judah. Rev. 5:5.
- The Morning Star. Rev. 22:16.
- King of kings, and Lord of lords. Rev. 19:16.
NOTE.—Christ is referred to in the Bible under something like three hundred different titles and figures, of which the above are only examples. Why this is so is because He is all that these names and figures represent.